The Isle of Arran has good reason to be Scotland’s premier tourist destination. With the splendour and variety of its scenery, it is little wonder that Arran is nicknamed “Scotland in miniature”.
The Island is famous for its ridge walking and climbing, its rare birds of prey Golden Eagles, Peregrines and Hen Harriers and its coastline. Brodick Castle and its gardens and policies are world renowned and there are seven golf courses, catering for family fun and serious “par-seekers”. Cycling is popular, both on road and forest track.
Swimming pools, sauna baths, gymnasiums and spa treatment facilities are available at some local hotels and shops, for those requiring a little light exercise or some pampering.
Locally produced art and crafts are worthy of exploration, with a number of galleries and exhibitions.
Finally, a wide selection of food and drink is produced locally, including whisky, ale, cheese, organic vegetables and quality meat and seafood.
- book a Wildlife Safari with us – min 4 persons (Tel. 01770-302203)
- visit Brodick Castle and Gardens
- climb Goatfell
- play family golf and Lochranza
- spend a day with the Arran Adventure Company
- visit the Lochranza Distillery
- sample the local beer at the Arran Brewery Company, Cladach
- sample local food at the Wineport Bistro, Cladach
- swim,gym, spa and playbarn at the Auchrannie
- build sand castles and explore the rock pools around the coast
- visit Holy Island
- visit the Giant’s Grave and the Machrie stone circles
- visit the King’s Cave, where Robert the Bruce prepared to invade the mainland
- cycle the forestry roads
- walk the mountain ridges
- spot the 200 bird species
- Watch the seals, dolphins and basking sharks
- take a day’s trout fishing
- take a photography tour or workshop
- try local restaurants and bars
- visit the Isle of Arran Heritage Museum
- find Hutton’s Unconformity
- walk from Lochranza to Sannox (or the entire Coastal Way)
- cycle round the Island
- take a trip on the Mogabout
- barbecue on the beach
- write your book, dream your dreams, relax
- come to the mountain festival
- explore local crafts and workshops, studios and galleries
- enjoy the local cheeses, oatcakes, fresh meat, seafood and ice cream